Monday, February 15, 2010

Family day weekend

We had a great long weekend with one of my favourite families. They live in Mapleton, Ontario in a beautiful straw bale house that they built themselves! It sits on about an acre of land with it's own pond. They are the most spontaneous, creative, happy family I know and I am always inspired by them. From their delicious home made soups and muffins (they grind their own grains!) to the beautiful waldorf inspired toys that they make for their children, this family is amazing. They practice what they preach and live a sustainable, authentic life that feels so attainable when I'm there. Of course when I get home we have chicken nuggets for dinner and the kids veg out in front of the t.v but one step at a time, I will get there.
Martin has an environmental education service called Ground Ed (website coming soon) which I will talk about in more detail in an up coming post.
While I was there I met the beautiful and talented Meredith Blackmore who is an award winning portrait painter. I just checked out her website www.meredithblackmore.com and wow! Stunning!
Lucky me to be surrounded by so many wonderful people this weekend including 6 busy little boys who had a blast skating, tobogganing, snow shoeing and getting into all sorts of mischief.


A modular castle that Martin built for his boys:


There is always something cooking, baking or growing in this kitchen:

playing shinny on the pond:





Snowshoeing in the "back yard":

Tobogganing on the gt racer:




Happy Family day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails