Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Here chicky chicky...

I've had chickens on my mind lately. That's right chickens. A few months ago I was obsessed with searching the web for cool looking chicken coops. I had this idea that I would raise 2 or 3 pretty chickens in my backyard and have the kids collect their eggs in the morning for delicious omelette's. The dream was crushed when I found out that chickens are in fact not allowed to be kept in Toronto. When I asked my neighbour who works for the city about it, he said, "you're not thinking about keeping chickens in your backyard are you?" I told him I had a friend who was interested and hurried back inside the house to sulk.
Yesterday we had two baby chicks hatch at the nursery school. I started looking at coops again. Uh-Oh!
This one from Etsy is a beauty:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails