Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Shark boy revisited

A couple of months ago I received a lovely email from an artist in Florida named Erica Ares who wanted to use a photo from my blog.  She came across it on a random search and thought some of the images would be interesting to paint.  I was very flattered and immediately agreed but didn't hear back from her until she sent me this image today .  I know I'm a little biased but I love it!  She uses water colour and charcoal on wood panels which gives it such a modern unique look.  I just think it's brilliant.  I love the boy's expressions and how their ears are pinned forward by the goggles (or gogglers as Asher likes to call them).  I guess that's what inspired me to take the picture in the first place.  She entered the painting in the Gasparilla festival of the arts in Florida and got in!  If any snow birds are down there in March you can go check it out along with her other amazing paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails