Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dear Sixteen year old me

Is the title of this impactful and moving film.  My father died of cancer almost eleven years ago.  It started off as a Melanoma on his right arm and metastasized to his brain.  He was a sailor and a snowbird who sunbathed every chance that he could.  I remember him lying out on his lawn chair in Florida without a stitch of sunscreen or a hat on.  I cringe when I think about how often I had sunburns growing up and how fashionable it was to get as dark as possible.  I get a routine check up every year from my dermatologist and I try to be cautious with the boys and my self in the summer months.  I obviously can't go back to my younger self but I can send this to my niece who has beautiful ivory skin with a sprinkle of freckles.  Wear a hat Kayleigh and send this to all your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails