Monday, October 29, 2012

Music Mondays

When I was in high school my sister adopted this look where she cut her hair short, had long sideburns that curled on her face, red lipstick, thick black eyeliner,  short skirts and combat boots. I was never bold enough to do this but I sure did love the music that went along with the look. The Smiths, Forgotten Rebels, The Cramps, Joy Division and Siouxie and the Banshees to name a few.  It was fun and different and a little bit dangerous.  Our school population pretty much consisted of very privileged, self entitled teenagers who did not stray far from top 40 music. This music felt like the complete opposite of that crowd.   I couldn't get enough of it. I recently rediscovered The Smiths on my husband's ipod and I fell hard for this song. Of course it doesn't feel rebellious anymore, I just love his lovely, melodic, achy voice. Wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails