Tuesday, December 6, 2011

redecorating

We recently had new hardwood installed through out our main floor.  Although it is a vast improvement from the dirty broken vinyl tiles we had for seven years, I have to say I am not in love.  I chose a tobacco coloured pre-finished white oak floor.  The price was right and it took a day and half to install.  I think if I had put more thought into it I would have gone with something lighter and perhaps even had solid hardwood installed.  It's just not me.  I prefer the look of things that have history to them.  Even when I was a teenager and I was given anything new like shoes or a pair of jeans I remember rubbing dirt into them just to give it that worn in look.  The floors make me feel like I'm living in a brand new condo.  This is not a bad thing for most people but for me it will take some getting used to.  I don't mean to sound ungrateful and on the big scale of life, it's just a little thing.  I just need to find some rugs to break it up a little and lighten up the walls.
When I told my sister about how I was feeling she sent me a few pictures to inspire me.  She knows exactly what I like.  Twin sisters are cool that way.



decorpad.com

gapinteriors.com/images

thebrickhouse.com
thebrickhouse.com

marionhousebook.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails